Saturday, April 22, 2017

Do You Want To End Up In “Straight” Relationships?

Many people that discover their bisexuality later in life, as I did, are already in long term opposite sex relationships. They often are not willing to end those relationships and either work out some accommodation to be able to express their bisexuality or they simply remain bi-celibate, depending on how their partner reacts/accepts their newly found bisexuality. I'm a bisexual woman, engaged to a man, and I've been thinking about this a lot lately.  But for most of my adult life , most of my family and friends considered me a lesbian.  I never really labeled myself either way, and I tended not mention the people that I was dating casually, so many of them didn't realize that I was actively and frequently going back and forth.

Anyone can create the love and intimate relationships of their dreams. Bisexuals are the freelancers of sexuality. They’re not tied down to one rigid attraction. They’ll often say that they fall in love with the person, regardless of gender. In this way, they might be more evolved than the rest of us. For men, dating a bisexual girl means the possibility of fulfilling a fantasy of a threesome with two women.A straight man wouldn’t even mind much if his girlfriend cheated on him with another woman. He might just ask to watch the next time. Most women would emphatically state that no, they would never want to date a bisexual man. It would take a confident woman, one who was not only sure of herself and her desirability, but also extremely open minded about sexuality. Maybe someone who was bisexual herself.

Most bisexuals in relationships have partners of the opposite sex. Bisexuals are much more likely than gay men or lesbians to be married, and most have a spouse of the opposite sex. Bisexuals are much less likely than gay men and lesbians to say that their sexual orientation is an important part of who they are. Yes, truly the LGBT community is not really a community that bisexual people feel included or comfortable in from personal experience, It’s not as if I just can’t decide on which team I want to play on. It’s that I just might not want to participate in sport at all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment